Monday, February 28, 2011

All Dogs Go To Heaven

February has been quite the month for me. Between missing over a week of school due to snowapocalypse, dealing with new things at my job, and then school coming back and getting stupid busy. Needless to say I have been stressed out. Well all of these things paled in comparison to what was about to happen. Friday morning my dad called me at 6:45am to tell me he found my dog (she lived with my parents as I'm in college) had passed away. The best way to describe that feeling was like being punched in the stomach. To add salt to the wound I haven't seen her since September of last year. Between work and school I just didn't have the time to go home. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a HUGE dog lover. I feel more pain for a whimpering dog than a crying baby. Call me heartless if you wish but it's always been that way. I have never been able to watch a dog movie without bawling like a baby. I almost cried my freshman year of high school when I had to read out loud Where the Red Fern Grows, I've never seen Old Yeller, The Fox and the Hound makes me cry, Shiloh (don't even get me started). I tried to test myself and see if I could make it through a dog movie without crying. I watched Hotel for Dogs and I failed miserably. I had crocodile tears and Robert said why on earth did you watch this? I was hoping for an all around happy movie, but that was not the case. The ending was happy but the parts in between were not. I digress.. as I looked back at pictures of my dog all this weekend I realized how much she had been there with me for. She was 10 years old and I remember when we went to get her. We drove to the house and she was the little white runt who was running around with a pug (my other dream dog whom I will have this summer) and I picked her up and she fell asleep in my arms. So of course she came home with us and it all started there. She was a white boxer which very few had seen before and although she was 90 pounds, she was a lap dog. She was there when I was sick, through my breakups, my grandmother's passing, and just when I had a bad day at school. I remember teaching her how to lay while eating cheetos, how she would drink beer, beg for my chocolate, and attempt to sleep with me. She would slobber all over and just go nuts whenever anyone would come over. I remember driving home from college and she'd bolt out the door to greet me. Then when I would leave I would have her white dog hairs all over my stuff for weeks.  In my head I know she's not there but I know my heart will break when I do go home next and she's not there to meet me. I hope the movie All Dogs Go To Heaven title is true because let's be honest..I've never seen the movie because it is a dog movie.

This is my dog
Noel Belle
April 2001-February 25, 2011




No comments:

Post a Comment